Free Intial Consultation
The Peterborough Hypnotherapy Clinic specialises in Weight Control, Stress Management, Sports Hypnotherapy, and Smoking Cessation. Anxiety,Confidence, Panic Attacks, Insomnia, Driving Test Nerves,Fears, Phobias, The Clinic also cover the areas below plus much more
Sports Hypnosis For
Golf, Tennis, Darts, Bowls, Bowling, Atheletics, Dancing, Football, Rugby, Hockey, Basketball, Boxing, Martial Arts, Gymnastics, Cricket, ect.
Addictions/Habits ( see bottom of the page for more information )
Smoking, Alcohol, Gambling, Chocolate, Coke, Caffeine, Compulsive Lying. Pulling Your Hair Out, Biting Your Nails, Internet, Shopping,Thumb Sucking, Eye Lash Pulling, Gaming, Internet, Compulsive Hand washing, ect.
Eating Disorders, Weight Loss, Lose Weight, Diet Control, Picky Eater, Weight Gain, Hypno- Slimming, Hypnotic Gastric Band, Binge Eating. etc
Fears of Spiders, Cats, Dogs or other Animals, Heights, Sand, Balloons, Flying Birds, Wasps, Being Sick, Water, Injections, Public Speaking, Going out, Bridges, Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals, The Dark, Phones, Thunder, Crowds, Driving, Elevators, Death, Heart Attacks, Germs, ect.
Stress Management ( see Stress Management Programme )
Anxiety, Panic Attacks Confidence, (see bottom of page for more information )
Stress, Self Esteem, Anger, Jealousy Bereavement, Relaxation, Self Harm, Behaviour problems, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Motivation, Stuttering, Troubled Childhood, Wedding Nerves, Exam Nerves, Driving Test Nerves, Character Building, ect.
Other Issues I Cover.
Pain Relief, IBS, Sleep Disorders, Ignore Snoring, Family Gatherings, Emotional Intimacy, Emotional Abuse, Get Over Divorce, Get Over Relationships. Sexual Problems, Surviving Inferdelity, Stay Faithful, Dealing With a Bully, Stop Apologizing, Speaking in Groups, Public Speaking, Tension Headaches, Stop facial Tics Teeth Grinding,Overcome Shyness, Overcome Paranioa Overcome Superstition, Past Life Therapy, Regression Therapy, ect,
These are just a selection of the issues where Hypnotherapy can help
Many issues come under the above categories some go in more than one caterory.
If your issue is not listed then please give me a call or email me to see how I can help with your particular issue.
ANXIETY CONFIDENCE PANIC ATTACKS
There are many different ways in which a person can experience Anxiety. For some it can be very severe and can disrupt their life, for others in can be seen as just an inconvenience, perhaps feeling anxious when speaking in public or making a presentation at work or school. Anxiety can be brought on by a fear that something will happen.
Different Types of Anxiety
Social Anxiety. A fear of being around other people or even having to be able to interact with them, are signs of social anxiety. Fear of public places, open spaces, or even travelling alone, are also signs of socila anxietys.
Panic Disorder. Another type of panic disorder is Panic Anxiety. This is can be charecterised by terror and fear, it can appear suddenly without warning.
Generalised Anxiety. People who suffer fom generalised anxiety, worry to the extreme about such things as money, heath, and family, this can and does in many cases interfer with their life. They worry excessively about normal every days ituations.
Symptoms Of Anxiety
- Difficulty sleeping
- Tightness in Chest
- Finding it Difficult to Breathe
- No Appertite
- Feeling Light Headed
- Headaches Ana Dizzy
- Low Attention Span
- Lack of Concentration
- Sexual Interest Reduced
As everyone reacts in different ways to pressure it be difficult to pinpoint just one cause of anxiety, there may be many contributing causes.
- Medication, can chnge the chemical balance in our brain.
- Personality, Our personality type may determine how susceptible we ere to developing an anxiety disorder.
- Life Expectancy. Anxiety disorder could be linked to long term exposure to drugs, abuse, violents, or even poverty.
Panic attacks can happen at any time and without warning. Panic Attacks are common and can be part of another conditionor can just exist as a symptom on there own.
The effects of a Panic Attack can continue long after the panic attack has ended. The constant worry about if and when the next panic attack will occur can bring on intense anxiety. Panic Attacks can limit how people live their life avoiding places and things that may trigger another panic attack. Panic attacks are very frightening and uppsetting some even feel they are having a heart attack and going to die.
Symptoms OF A Panic Attack
- Fear of Dying
- Chest Pains
- Pounding Heart
- Choking Feeling
Panic Attacks occur when high levels of anxiety cause adrenalin to produce uncontrollable symptoms.
Confidence can be seen in many different ways, our body language, how we speak, our behavior.
People with low self confidence may feel.
- Uncertain of themselve
- Feel shy
- Feel uncomfortable in certain situations
- Feel uncertain of what they want
- feel a sense of worthlessness
- Feel negative about themselve
Hypnotherapy can help with all of theses issues, hypnotherapy can help to find the root cause and then find ways to resolve them.
ADDICTIONS AND HABITS
Addictions are more powerful than Habits and can become more dangerous.
Addictions are when we do or take something in excess that can become damaging to our bodies.
- Are not particulary damaging
- It becomes a automatic response
- They are something we do on a regular basis it becomes repetative and second nature
Habits become a natural part of our life and can include many things we do on a regular basis like crossing our legs in a certain way, brushing our teeth. Habits can become bad habits, such as sucking your thumb or biting your nails, although these bad hadits can be broken they are usually unconscious or pssive actions. Once our conscious mind becomes awre of the habit, then the habit can be broken and stopped.
Addictions are conscious and impulsive behaviour patterns that can become difficult to control
The Symptoms of a habit can become addictive
- When they become more difficult to control.
- When they start to distract us from our normal life.
- When cause physical withdrawal symptoms.
- When they become difficult to to control.
- When they start to override our feelings of emotion.
Addictions can have a psychological effect on the addict as well as their family and friends. Extremme addictins can become fatal.
Many addictions are completely mental, such as addiction to gambling, although many of the same triggers and behavioral patterns can be physical addictions like alcoholism.
An addiction is an obsessive and uncontrolable attachement to an activity, substance or behaviour. The more common types of addictions are are smoking, drugs, gambling, alcohol, even internet addiction.
Addictions can be put into two catagories
- Endorphins, are a type of hormone,and can play an important part in the developement of an addiction.
- Dopamine, there are some subsstances that can trigger the hormone dopamine, This can cause a feeling of pleasure and satisfaction. The addict will then feel the need to seek out this feeling again and again.
More Common Addictive Substances
- Caffine, (coffee, energy drinks)
- Inhalents (glue, aerosols )
- Personality, People who tend to be more anxious or nervous types seem to be more likely to develope addictive behaviour patterns.
- Genetics, People who have close family members such as parents who have become addicted to alcohol had an increased chance of becoming addicted themselve.
- Background, People who have troubled pasts, who may have been involved in abuse or neglective issues are more likely to become addicted later in life.
More Common Addictive Activities
- Extreme Sport
- Sexual Activities
- Constant Exercise
These types of activety can release the hormone dopamine, that causes us to have a rush of pleasure. the addict will repeat this action many times over because they become dependant on the pleasure rush.
The Different Stages Of Addiction
1) The First Time. Some people are more likely than other to try something new.
2) The Second Time. Some people will try a substance or something new just once then never bother again, while others willactively seek it out again, because they enjoy the feeling so much.
3) Dosage Starts To Increase . as the body begins to build up a tolerance to the dopamine in the brain, the user will then need to increase the dosage of the substances or activity to produce the same feeling.
4) Dependance. The user now depends on the substance or activeity as they can no longer function normally without it.
More Common Stages of Addictions
- Rapid Mood Change
- Weight Loss
- Weight Gain
- Changes in Sleepig Habits
- Pupils Change Becoming Smaller or Larger Than Normal
- Weakend Immune System
- Feeling Unwell More Frequently
Hypnotherapy can help with your Addictions and Habits
PETERBOROUGH HYPNOTHERAPY CLINIC:
TEL: 01733 768839
- Hypnosis Peterborough
- Hypnotherapy Peterborough
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming Peterborough
- Psychotherapy Peterborough
- Counselling Peterborough